- Jan '14Winter Spice Recipes
- Jan '14Ringing in the New Year
- Dec '13Lizzie Garrett Mettler
- Dec '13Pop By Our Pop-Up
- Dec '13One Day Only!
- Nov '13Todd Snyder x Champion
- Nov '13We’re Going Global
- Oct '13The More Things Change…
- Oct '13A Readable Feast
- Sep '13Jam Session
- Jul '13Coffee Talk With Jack Mazzola
- Jul '13A Conversation With Bureau of Trad ...
- Jul '13Polypropylene & Acrylonitrile ...
- May '13Kaufmann Mercantile is Hiring
- Feb '13Saber Fazer
- Nov '12On A Mission, Without A Discount
- Nov '12KM Redesign
- Oct '12Brooklyn Makers
- Sep '12Banana Republic Vintage Catalogues
- Sep '12Shorpy Vintage Photo Archives
- Sep '12The Letter Writers Alliance
- Sep '12‘Made By Hand’ Video S ...
- Aug '12Making KM a warmer place. Or, how ...
- Jul '12Farm-in-the-Sky Takes Root
- May '12Our Store Turns 2!
- Apr '12Earth Day 2012: KM Looks Up (liter ...
- Apr '12How is Kaufmann Mercantile Doing?
- Mar '12Coming Soon: KM + IGWT + G. Wisema ...
- Mar '12Bye bye blog. Hello References
- Sep '11Switching Warehouses
- Jun '11New Products and More to Come
- Jan '11New Year
Author Archives: Cass Daubenspeck
Alice Bernardo is the author of Saber Fazer, a documental project started in 2010, with the goal of preserving the artisanal and semi-industrial production tradition in Portugal. “I understood that a lot of the knowledge these makers held wasn’t being passed on … Continue reading
A good purchase can be defined in many ways, but largely it comes down to these two questions: Where did the product come from, and what is it made of? The value we place on a product’s origin and material … Continue reading
Leave a comment telling us a compelling story of a maker you know, what they make so well and why you love it, and we’ll pick a comment at random and send you our copy of Brooklyn Makers!
There was a time when you could shop Banana Republic through a catalogue filled with romantic hand-illustrated drawings and flourishing annotations. When walking into a Banana Republic store was like walking onto the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark, complete … Continue reading
“A photograph can be kind,” Einstein said. It never changes, even as the people in it grow old and their stories change completely. You can look back on a photo of your mother or father, or the old town where you … Continue reading
We love people who make it their business to keep life’s simple pleasures alive. The Letter Writers Alliance is one group of stalwarts like us who won’t stand to watch the art of letter writing die out. Founders Kathy and … Continue reading
Our friend Keith Ehrlich just put out a new film in his six-minute documentary series about craftsmen, called Made by Hand (@madebyhand). The fourth documentary features Martinez Cigar Shop in New York City, filmed right in the shop in Chelsea. Keith … Continue reading