- Dec '13Lizzie Garrett Mettler
- Dec '13Pop By Our Pop-Up
- Dec '13One Day Only!
- Nov '13Todd Snyder x Champion
- Nov '13We’re Going Global
- Oct '13The More Things Change…
- Oct '13A Readable Feast
- Sep '13Jam Session
- Jul '13Coffee Talk With Jack Mazzola
- Jul '13A Conversation With Bureau of Trad ...
- Jul '13Polypropylene & Acrylonitrile ...
- May '13Kaufmann Mercantile is Hiring
- Feb '13Saber Fazer
- Nov '12On A Mission, Without A Discount
- Nov '12KM Redesign
- Oct '12Brooklyn Makers
- Sep '12Banana Republic Vintage Catalogues
- Sep '12Shorpy Vintage Photo Archives
- Sep '12The Letter Writers Alliance
- Sep '12‘Made By Hand’ Video S ...
- Aug '12Making KM a warmer place. Or, how ...
- Jul '12Farm-in-the-Sky Takes Root
- May '12Our Store Turns 2!
- Apr '12Earth Day 2012: KM Looks Up (liter ...
- Apr '12How is Kaufmann Mercantile Doing?
- Mar '12Coming Soon: KM + IGWT + G. Wisema ...
- Mar '12Bye bye blog. Hello References
- Sep '11Switching Warehouses
- Jun '11New Products and More to Come
- Jan '11New Year
Author Archives: Sebastian Kaufmann
Those who have been with us for a while know that we don’t mark down our products. Rather than engage in the hype that is Cyber Monday, we think there are better ways to show how much we value you.
As a young and fast growing company, change is part of the everyday here at KM, while at the same time we work to establish things that last.
You’re either reading this because you wonder how exactly this product fits into our collection, or because you got excited, and were just about to make a purchase. If the latter: Our apologies, this product is not for sale at … Continue reading
We’re growing and we’re looking for people to join our team. If you enjoy what we do, get excited about high quality products, and fit one of the below job descriptions, then we’d love to hear from you. And please … Continue reading
Frequent visitors to our store know that we very rarely offer discounts. Today, on Cyber Monday, the annual day of online discounts, might be a good time to explain why. We’d love to hear your thoughts at the end of … Continue reading
This summer we took on Ian O’Neill, an industrial product design student from Rochester Institute of Technology, as a summer intern. On his very first day the otherwise very soft-spoken man told me frankly that he saw potential to improve … Continue reading
Two years ago today we launched our online store with eight products. Adding an average of two products every week, we’re now at 223! But our goal hasn’t changed: To offer an alternative to the superfluous, to scratch beyond the surface, … Continue reading
On Sunday April 22nd , KM will donate 10% percent of sales to Ecostation: NY in support of their latest project, Farm-in-the-Sky. Three flights up on the roof of our offices at Brooklyn Fireproof East, a farm is breaking new ground. Farm-in-the-Sky, … Continue reading
We would love to get your feedback on Kaufmann Mercantile. Do you have time for a short call so we can hear your thoughts? What brought you to the store? What do you like? What do you find lack-luster? How … Continue reading
We wanted to let you know that we redesigned our blog, giving it the newer, and we think better name “References.” Why? It is actually a logical consequence for what we set out to do from the beginning. I started … Continue reading